14 November 13:00-15:00 in Dining Room C, House of Commons
The All Party Writers Group will be hosting a drop-in session with representatives of more than 100,000 creators working in the UK creative industries. This will be an opportunity for parliamentarians to discuss the areas of interest for creators with regards to our withdrawal from the European Union.
Topics of interest include:
- Recent copyright developments in the EU
- Creators economic rights with the EU
- Free movement for creators and workers in the creative industries
- The loss of EU funding for cultural projects
- Health & Safety issues for workers in the creative industries
Representatives will include:
- Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS), the UK’s collective management organisation (CMO) representing 98,000 authors.
- Directors UK, the professional association and CMO for British screen directors, with over 7,000 members.
- Society of Authors the UK trade union for more than 10,000 writers, illustrators and literary translators.
- Writers’ Guild of Great Britain (WGGB), a trade union representing professional writers in areas including TV, film, theatre, radio, and videogames.
If you are interested in attending the drop in session, please contact Barbara Hayes by email email@example.com.